Manager - Dutch Liaison - based in Kenya
Manager - Dutch Liaison - based in Kenya
Purpose of the role
The Dutch Liaison Officer is responsible for servicing the principalâ€™s customers based in Kenya and ensuring a continuous high level of interaction between the Kenyan supplier and the Dutch receiver. This role is mandated to ensure all services delivered meet international standards. He/she must support the Kenya team to deliver zero defect service levels, proposing and driving innovation initiatives, which ensure customer satisfaction and retention and works to support Airfloâ€™s ambition to be he leading perishable forwarder in Kenya.
- Gather and share with customers market and industry intelligence
- Drive a continuous improvement culture across the Kenyan and Dutch teams using a simple DMAIC process.
- Conduct end to end customer specific business process reviews to identify improvements / innovative solutions which can be used for mass customization
- Define and establish a business implementation methodology, which can be followed for onboarding of new customers on behalf of Airflo B.V.
- Ensure all customers have SOPs/LWIs and take ownership of SLA performance, from Farm to Fork
- In liaison with the functional managers, set-up internal KPIs & manage the performance against these
- Be the conduit between the front office departments to ensure productive and efficient collaboration
- Resolve escalations and define preventive process changes
- Support functional managers in their efforts to deliver second to none service levels
- Refine forecast-to-actual information flows to bring capacity planning to â€œ100%â€
- Support IT in their efforts to bring all processes to full automation, duly ensuring alignment with the Netherlandsâ€™ working processes.
- Assume operational ownership of all key accounts (KA), incl. acting as escalation point and managing corrective actions agreed for service delivery failures.
- Plan and participate in the monthly and quarterly business reviews (MBR/QBR) with the KA
- Take ownership of customer data quality
- Conduct farm visits together with relevant colleagues
- Support the education of all colleagues to ensure service deliveries meet and exceed â€˜International Standardsâ€™
- Travel to the Netherlands as required to ensure service delivery against SLAs
- Travel to the Netherlands to meet with and service Dutch receivers.
Processes, Risk & QHSE Compliance
- Ensure SLAâ€™s and SOPâ€™s updated and regularly maintained for respective Accounts in the portfolio
- Pro-actively escalate operational issues to relevant parties and ensure resolution
- Ensure that day to day activities embrace sustainability, health and safety, reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Key Performance Indicator
- Customer satisfaction according to surveys
- Zero defect service levels
- Customer retention
Decision Making Authority
- Signing powers according to signatory policy
Skills & Competences
- Focuses on the customerâ€™s expectations and strategy and adapts approach accordingly
- Follows and acts on market trends and industry developments to ensure Airflo delivers the best service levels in the industry
- Deep understanding of industry supply chains, developments and trends
- Creatively propose evolutionary changes to the Airflo part of the supply chain
- Excellent collaborator and communicator
- Ability to work with different cultures
- Good presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excels at firm diplomacy
- Structured with experience in project management
Educational background / Work experience
- Degree in Business administration, economics, marketing or logistics preferred
- 5 years of work experience (minimum)
- Experience within the perishables industry is a plus
- Experience in supply chain management preferred
- Fluency in English mandatory (written and spoken)
- Fluency in Dutch is mandatory (spoken)
- Other languages (written and spoken) are a plus
- Good knowledge of MicrosoftÂ® Office Software (ExcelÂ®, Word, PowerPointÂ®Â and others)
- Good knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Good knowledge of SAPÂ®, or similar systems, for reporting and analysis
Interested in this job?
Please send your letter of motivation including curriculum vitae to [email protected]